Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Laughing at nothing.

I've been wrangling email addresses for the wrap party. It's been one of the most tedious tasks I've had all summer. Making sure there are commas in between each one. Making sure there aren't any extra characters that might screw up the whole process. It's a really big deal, getting it all just right. I've never sent out an evite, so this is my first. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't screw it up.

I think I'm ready to start the last four days. I've been bracing myself. Trying to fight back the tears. I had a mocha about three hours ago and am well on my way to a crazy, fun evening. Chris Garcia's visiting the set tonight. I like that guy a lot. I like his honesty, no matter how brutal it can be. I love how much he loves movies.

I'm anxious to dance. One of the most important topics at our key crew meeting last night was whether we could dance at the Victory Grill after we wrapped tomorrow night. I've been looking forward to this night all summer long. I want to bust out The Throwing Muses, Madonna, The Go Gos, Cat Power, PJ Harvey, The Magnetic Fields, ABBA, Blondie, The Smiths, Ride, Adorable, Missy Elliott, The Shins ... I'm ready to dance. I'm anxious for the wrap party for the very same reason. I won't have time to schmooze or make small talk about the movie because I'll be on the dance floor most of the evening. I'll be hopped up on bittersweet energy.

No comments: