Monday, August 22, 2005

Harris Savides

Sufjan Stevens is singing in my headphones. Daniel told me today that Sufjan will let us use the song I wanted. I also got a few more ideas from Kurt for backups to the ones that might be too costly.

Pieces are coming together in wonderful ways. All over the place, really.

I sat with Lorie Sunday morning sifting through the many stills from the film. We decided on which would be the main ones for the press. There are some gorgeous images. We came up with about 12. We'll take them to the IFP and get opinions all around.

I need to sit down with Brain Brawl again. It needs some rewrites and I've got some ideas floating through my head. I also have a new feature that I've been thinking about a lot lately. It's been brewing since I did Walter Lehman and Roberta Wells. I have a few unconventional ways I'm thinking about approaching it.

I had the most wonderful time with Kurt, Karen and Ryan last night. Karen, Ryan and I went to see Last Days. I have a great appreciation for Gus Van Sant. I don't always like his films, but I LOVE how he puts them together. I figured Last Days was a shoe in for my love. It stars Michael Pitt, who I think is absolutely dreamy. But I didn't like it. I was completely detached and bored. I am, however, in love with Harris Savides, Van Sant's director of photography. That man has my heart. If I could work with him someday, I could die a happy girl. After the movie, Kurt met up with us for dinner. It was like old times. I've missed my friends. I've missed our misadventures and laughs. I've missed talking a lot about nothing and loving every minute of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Harris Savides , don't know what you see in him.

Kat Candler said...

I love his use of natural light. I love the softness of his images and the fluidity of his camera. This all being from his work with Gus Van Sant. Who are your favorite DPs?

Anonymous said...

i liked his camera fluidity, too.....

Anonymous said...

But, he is rude.