Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Deadlines

I've never been a big fan of deadlines. I'm not a big fan of rushing things either. That's why I'm so torn on the looming deadlines. The Sundance deadline is September 30th. The IFP Rough Cuts Program is mid-September. We have to have a rough cut to submit in the next few weeks to IFP. Agh! We JUST wrapped. It's a good problem to have, I suppose. I trust Nevie in a big way. Luckily I did many scenes in one long take. I am excited to go to New York. Daniel, my music supervisor will be there attending CMJ. Christine and I have already planned our trip to my favorite Ethiopian restaurant.

I have to rally my post production team and get them in gear. There's no more time to be sad or wallow. I've got shit to do. I watched footage last night with Nevie. It's looking great. I'm in love with a scene when Michael takes Bryan to see a psychiatrist. It's a really good scene. All around. And of course there are moments when I'm kicking myself and raising my arms in the air as to why didn't I get this shot or didn't realize that this shot wouldn't cut together with this other shot. Such is life. We were supposed to get more footage today but it looks like it won't be here until tomorrow.

Working on wrap party stuff. Tons of people have responded. I might have to hide in a corner or in the bathroom. Or just stay on the dancefloor all night long. I'm so bad with parties. I get really nervous. And interviews. I gave such a lame interview to Chris the other day. I probably sounded so retarded. I said, "I don't know" a lot. And shook my head. And stammered over my words. I have to go to the photo shoot in a few minutes. I'm sure I'll mess that up too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,nice reading your blog. just call me.
~he