Monday, August 29, 2005

8:48pm

I'm sitting in Quacks, my home away from home. This is actually the third time today that I've been here. I'm doing laundry next door and sitting here going through the movie outline and where to cut and shave. I think Nevie and I cut it down another 5 - 10 minutes. We're doing what we can. It heads out the door to the IFP tomorrow or Wednesday morning, depending on how fast Stacy can burn the DVDs. I'm excited for Scott Macaulay to watch the rough cut. I've admired him from afar for some time now. He was on my wishlist of producers when I was shopping around the script so many years ago. I even talked to his assistant while standing in Central Park on one of my many trips to New York. That was as far as I got. I probably got lost in the shuffle.

Since I've been in a cutting and slashing mood, I picked up Brain Brawl on my way home from Houston Sunday afternoon. So far I've cut it down from 115 pages to about 107. I'm trying to get it down to about 100. It needs to be tighter. I'm happy to be back to it. It's already feeling better and more manageable.

No comments: