Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Supermom

Stacy's out there grinding away at finalizing our post house, making sure the food's in order, talking to agents, actors, crew, equipment vendors while I sit here at work, aching to be out there with her. I can make copies, a few phone calls, email galore, but I wish I had the freedom to help more outside of my windowless office. I envy those that don't have to work a day job while they shoot their feature films. I suppose I'm building character. We'll see how tired and drained I am Tuesday morning when I come back from four days of filming. I've been maintaining 5 - 6 hours of sleep a night. I wake up at 6am, take a shower, go to Quack's by 6:30am, watch rehearsal footage, take notes, reply to the millions of emails about sets, costumes, equipment ... and then I go to work from 9am - 6pm. Usually I'll take a meeting during my lunch or run a bunch of errands for the shoot. At 6pm, I race over to rehearsals. We rehearse until about 10pm. I get home by 10:30pm and then reply to the millions of emails that have accumulated in my inbox since I left work and then crawl into bed by about midnight or 1am. And then at 6am I start over again. But I love every second of it.

No comments: