Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Overwhelming Kindness

People keep giving us money, food, time, props, costumes, cars, use of their equipment, whatever they can do to help. I'm so thankful, I just start crying. My friends, family, acquaintances, people I don't even know have been giving us their everything to see this project succeed. I'm a little overwhelmed by it all. This has been a struggle like no other. And on so many levels. Stacy, Lorie and I have let this film take over our lives and spill into the lives of our friends, husbands, boyfriends, family ... it's definitely been an emotional rollercoaster. But in the process, we've become a grounded, solid team. We don't take no for an answer. We don't give up. We don't hesitate or falter. I'm really proud of what we've accomplished so far. I'm really proud of how much we've grown over the past six months.

I'm almost ready. Only three more days. My actors are amazing. Every last one of them has given me everything they've got. They're honest and real. Watching Anne and Michael on the couch cuddled up watching television, Rhett and Bryan wrestling in the yard, Katie and Glen exchanging awkward glances in silence, Savannah screaming at the top of her lungs and beating my steering wheel to a bloody pulp, the chaos of the Turner family ... They've all come to life so gracefully.

No comments: