Thursday, June 09, 2005

My brave face

Yesterday felt like the end of the world to me. I won't go into detail, but one thing after another kept getting thrown at me until I felt like I would just crumble. I haven't cried that hard since I thought Mark might break up with me because ... I can't remember why I thought he was going to break up with me. But I remember crying and crying. The convulsion kind. I had to brush away my tears in time for our Art Department meeting. I would put on my brave face.

Today seems much better. My feet firmly planted on the ground. My chin up. Somehow I've been surrounded by the very best. I started crying twice today. The good kind though. For some reason, these people have faith in me. For some reason, they have more faith in me than I sometimes have in myself.

I'm good at that brave face. I can wear it well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it helps, You are inspiring to me.
LL