Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm going to the movies!!!

I was location scouting on Monday night after work. On my way home I had to take a detour through the Westgate Theater parking lot to avoid some terrible accident. As I was weaving through, I stared longingly at the marquee ... at all of the many movies I could be watching at that very moment. I felt this magnetism drawing me to the ticket office. I wanted so badly to stop everything and just go inside. It's been way too long. Way too long. Instead I had to grab some trail mix for dinner from Central Market on my way to a production meeting.

But Sunday, I'm going to the movies on Sunday. Just got off the phone with Kurt and he's going with. What we'll see, who knows. Who cares. I just want to sit in the dark theater with a warm sweater and a cup of trail mix to nibble on and watch whatever comes up on screen. I just want to forget and not care about anything for two hours. That's all I ask for.

As far as the movie ... it's kicking ass in every direction.

2 comments:

dvd said...

So what did you see?

Kat Candler said...

I saw most of Hitchhiker's Guide. We had a terrible storm that night and the power cut out maybe 10 or 15 minutes before the end. I never read the book, so I'm clueless as to what happens. Not the greatest movie in the world, but definitely some nice mindless entertainment.