Monday, April 18, 2005

Straying far from home.

My trip to Florida gave me good spirits. Watching little Robert race across the green in his first soccer game, roasting marshmellows and digging holes to China, wandering around Stanton, listening to Ama's stories about her 100-year old Grandma Gerry, eating Black Forest cake with a tall glass of milk, listening to my parent's argue and then watching them kiss and make up, playing hide and go seek, tickle monster and snore monster with little Robert, staring at the silly grin on Christian's face, aching to be closer to my family. I miss them very much. I'm happy to be in Texas. I'm happy to be the one that moved so far away to do my own thing. But it doesn't negate the fact that I still miss them and wish I could see them more often.

I'm off to pick up more audition tapes from Lorie. Donise finished the first round today. I've only seen the first day so far and am very excited about the people she's brought in so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

our daughter kat has always been such a genius child in our family. she has inherited multitalents from both of us......more good than bad. we are proud parents of this young woman with the old soul and seeing eyes. her movies peer into hearts and minds and break through the shields put up by human kind. see for yourselves what she has wrought.
we love her ....our daughter kat!

Anonymous said...

From what I know of the script for Jumping Off Bridges, it is amazing. I am not joking. I am looking forward to seeing this happen and hope that you get the pmost dedicated, passionate people for this incredible project.