Monday, March 21, 2005

Recovering from SXSW

I'm completely wiped out by SXSW. Even though I only went to two movies and almost went to see one rock show. I couldn't make it inside. I got frightened. I feel like breathing a sigh of relief.

I got to see lots and lots of friends from out of town. Daniel had me listening to a million CDs while he was here. He found some great bands reminiscent of My Bloody Valentine, Ride and Slowdive that we'll probably end up using for JUMPING. I swear that boy knows everyone in the music business. He's a good one to know, mostly because he's an angel with a heart the size of Texas.

Lisa signed on as my Production Designer. She makes me happy. We had a long conversation on the phone last night. She's in Toronto but will be back in Austin at the end of April. She has the same aesthetic sensibilities and a long history in Theater Design. I know she's going to bring great things to the table.

Am I nervous? Not so much. I'm more crazed with excitement. I'm pretty hyped.

I'm FINALLY paying off the rights to a song in CICADAS. I'm hoping to have the DVD process starting in late April. Keep tuned.

No comments: