Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Braving Los Angeles.

Gary is in Los Angeles right now (post Independent Spirit Awards). He spoke with the actor that I was hoping to cast as the father in JOB. The actor likes the script but wants a lot of money. More money than we have to offer. It's unfortunate because this particular actor would've been perfect. But I suppose that's how it goes. Alas. Natasha Melnick (Freaks and Geeks) read JUMPING and liked it. She dropped it off with Martin Starr's mom. I'm crossing my fingers.

SXSW is right around the corner. I have many, many friends rolling into town for the music part. Some I see every year and some I haven't seen in many years. I'm anxious to put hugs around their necks. I don't know why, but lately, I've felt a desperate need to tell my friends how much I love them. I've felt the utmost appreciation for the people I've met and stuck close to over the past many years. It's crazy how lucky I've been. My friends are amazing, talented, kind, generous, intelligent and good solid folk. And for the most part, they have really good taste in movies and music.

No comments: