Thursday, January 06, 2005

Eighteen Bucks and a $10 Regal Cinema Gift Card

Tuesday night I went to the gym. I did my hour on the stationary bike while I read up on Britney Spears' latest antics and why Jennifer and Brad are headed for splitsville. When I was ready to leave and headed for my car, I noticed my passenger window was busted, glass was everywhere. My bag, gone. Now, I realize that I shouldn't have brought my bag with me to the gym, much less have left it in the car. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And usually, I never do. BUT I was going to Central Market afterwards to treat myself to a cup of Mango Passion Granola. I have an addiction. I eat a cup of Mango Passion Granola every single day (literally). It's a problem, I know. I had a cup for lunch today. Anyhow, I didn't feel like bringing my whole bag into the gym so I left it on the floor of my car. I immediately called the police, cancelled all of my credit cards, cancelled my bank accout ...

Later in the night, I called my cell phone (which was in my bag). They answered. Those rat bastards answered my cell phone. They didn't say anything as I kept blurting out, "hello, hello, hello?". Between me and Mark, we must have called the cell phone about four or five times, all of which they picked up and said nothing. Mark said it sounded like they just put the phone on the table and went on with their business. We heard children, a woman, garbled conversation ... like a family. Strangely enough, it made me pretty sad. I only had $18 and a $10 Regal Cinema Gift Card in my wallet (besides my credit cards and ID cards). But I suppose maybe they needed the eighteen bucks more than I did. That's what I keep telling myself at least.

No comments: