Thursday, December 23, 2004

End of Year Survey

End of the year survey that I stole from Mandy.
***********************************************


What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Ran 14 miles.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I can't remember what last year's resolutions were. I'll be making a list next Friday with Karen, Nevie, Mark and Nisha.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
1. My brother and his wife had a baby boy, Christian, in January
2. Laura, Mark's little sister gave birth to a baby girl, Isabella in April

Did anyone close to you die?

Luckily, no.

What countries did you visit?
I've never ventured outside the U.S.

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

1. Another feature film under my belt.
2. A brand new car.
3. A decent sized savings account.

What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
1. Going to Park City, Utah for Slamdance and screening "Roberta Wells" to a packed audience.
2. Clare surprising me for my birthday.
3. Winning first place in a screenplay competition.
4. Visiting New York City and friends I haven't seen in a long, long time ... Maya and Bojo.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Turning 30.

What was your biggest failure?
I refuse to think I've failed in any way.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. I'm currently in physical therapy for a bum knee. Basically I was training for the Austin marathon and got a little too excited about it. I overtrained and it screwed up my left knee.

What was the best thing you bought?
A full day of relaxation and massage for my mom for Christmas.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Huh?

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The list is too long. This year has really sucked when it comes to humanity.

Where did most of your money go?
Debt. I became officially debt free in November. I'm excited to open my very first savings account.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My relationship with Mark Osborn. The realization that I want to spend the rest of my life with the boy.

What song will always remind you of 2004?
"Toxic" by Britney Spears.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?

Happier. I feel more grown up. I don't feel especially accomplished in my career, but in every other facet of my life, the world is good.

thinner or fatter?
The same. I think I've gained more muscle, thanks to physical therapy and a membership at Hyde Park Gym.

richer or poorer?
Richer. Finally. I've eaten at fancier restaurants, bought nice Christmas gifts for my friends and family, and am thinking about traveling to far away places next year.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Television. I used to be so disciplined.

How will you be spending Christmas?
I'll be in Houston with Mark's family and then flying to Memphis to be with mine.

Did you fall in love in 2004?
Over and over and over again.

What was your favorite TV program?
(All discovered on DVD)
1. The Office
2. Curb Your Enthusiasm
3. Freaks and Geeks

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don't hate anyone.

What was the best book you read?
Two days ago I started a collection of Truman Capote short stories. I'm reading one that's a non-fiction piece about his investigation into a serial killer in the early 70s. It's riveting. Truman Capote is a god. Many months ago I read "Peter Pan". It brings tears to my eyes.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2004?
Hip-hop.

What did you want and get?
"Roberta Wells" being accepted to Slamdance, distributed on DVD and aired on PBS.

What did you want and not get?
Accepted to Sundance. A company to finance "Brain Brawl".

What was your favorite film of this year?
(Not in any particular order)
Hero, Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind, Collateral, Journeys and Conversations, 13 Going on 30, Finding Neverland ... I'm sure there are some more that I'm not thinking about.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 this year. My friends and I had a scavenger hunt. One of my best friends, Clare, surprised me by flying in from Seattle.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Someone handing me a check to make "Brain Brawl".

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I have an "Amelie" haircut.

What kept you sane?
Running.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Wes Anderson. Clive Owen. Kate Winslet

What political issue stirred you the most?
Health Care.

Who did you miss?
My family.

Who was the best new person you met?
Nisha.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
To let go of where I thought I would be at this age and embrace where I am.

No comments: