Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Cutting up a rug.

This week ... oh god, it's filled with mind numbing boredom. Boredom, boredom, boredom. Tumbleweed is rolling through the hallways of Cycorp. I think everyone has left for vacation already. Minus me of course, and Melanie and Rob. I'm slinking further and further down into my chair wondering when it will end. When will that damn clock strike 5:30pm?!?

Speaking of work, I hosted our annual Holiday Party last Friday night at the Driskill Hotel. Quite the shindig. After a few glasses of red wine(I don't normally drink ... like ever), I was on the dance floor jumping up and down to "Holiday", "Dancing Queen" and even "The Wall". I was pulling people out of their chairs, doing the electric slide and flirting with the waiter who kept sneaking me appetizers and chocolates. People kept telling me all night long that it was the best holiday party ever. I have to agree. The normally shy and quiet computer programmers and linguists were cutting up a rug and getting pretty loud and saucey. Inhibitions were definitely down that night.







BTW, Congratulations to David Lowery and Yen Tan for getting their film, Deadroom into SXSW! These are some of the nicest, most hardworking guys in the indie film world.

No comments: