Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Jealousy is a green eyed monster.

"Jealousy is a green eyed monster," my friend Stacy just emailed me. True. But it's natural all the same. I'm feeling a little blue today. The bittersweet kind. The Zellners got into Sundance and Slamdance. The Duplass brothers got into Sundance again and "Dear Pillow" got nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. How can I not feel a tinge of jealousy. I'd be a big fat liar if I said I wasn't. But honestly, every single one of them truly deserves it. They work their asses off. The Zellners and the Duplass brothers never cease to inspire and amaze me. I just don't want to get left behind, y'know? I know that I have this really wonderful script, that's hilarious, sweet and it has my heart written all over it. And trying to get it off the ground has been pretty tough so far. And it's not getting any easier. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. Sometimes I just get a little tired. I need to wipe the sweat from my brow, take a deep breath, reassure myself that it's all worth it and keep moving.

No comments: