Friday, October 15, 2004

Suburban Hell

I had the strangest dream last night. I don't usually remember my dreams, but this one has been sitting with me all day long.

I was hanging out with the Olsen Twins, riding around Manhattan in an old teal green station wagon. I remember thinking, "What a cool car, but it's weird that they would think this was a cool car." We decided to go back to their house and watch television. In the middle of Manhattan (maybe in Central Park) there was this long driveway up a mountain. Of course this mountain doesn't really exist. Once we got to the top of the mountain, it was like this suburban community, stale and boring. Huge, ugly houses that all resembled each other. The Olsen twin's house was large and awful. Everything was brown and 70s. We hung out in the livingroom watching cartoons on their brown shag carpet. After too long, I asked Mary Kate (or Ashley, I'm not sure which one) to take me home. We got back into the teal green station wagon and pulled out of the driveway. She drove around and around the neighborhood looking for the long driveway that would take us back down the mountain and back into Manhattan. We drove around and around, without any luck. It felt like hours. Mary Kate kept getting frustrated and started to drive violently through the neighborhood streets. I woke up, lost and afraid that I would be stuck with an Olsen twin in suburban hell for the rest of my life.

No comments: