Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Ok, ok, enough already.

My boyfriend is hasseling me to post a new entry.

I'm pouring through a list of production companies, hoping to win gold with one of them. This process ... it's painful, almost.

For some reason the other night, I dug out all of the these old scripts that I'd written in college. Unfinished scripts. The format is all wrong, there are monologues that go on for pages and lots and lots of voice-over. It's fun to go back to that kind of stuff. It's actually pretty inspiring. I found a script that I'd started about my experiences working in a grocery store. It's hilarious. I've got an itch to flesh it out into a feature. I'd forgotten what crazy characters I used to work with. I mean, really, the people that exist in the grocery store world are truly bizarre. Which brings me to the fact that I'm on a comedy kick. Maybe because I'm not so depressed anymore. Maybe I grew out of that. I don't know. I still have PLENTY of ideas for dramas. While in New York, I think I scribbled down at least ten in my little notebook. Mostly while sitting in the subways. I'm getting sidetracked and I really need to stay on task. "Stay on task". I can't believe I just wrote that.

No comments: