Thursday, October 14, 2004

From inside a hip pocket

I finished the last draft of Brain Brawl. I refuse to work on the screenplay version any longer. Until someone is genuinely interested in working with us. Then and only then, will I work with other people's ideas, fleshing it out further. Until that time, I'm really happy with it. Of course after saying all of that, I will start to work on an hour-long television script based on Brain Brawl. I've been doing a bit of research on format and so forth. I don't watch a whole lot of television so I need to do a little bit of research. Stacy might tape some shows for me. Doing research by watching television seems really backwards to me.

By the way, Roberta Wells went up on the Cineclix site. You can download your own copy of it. What's cool is that my friend Duane's documentary, Up Syndrome, was picked up by Cineclix as well. Up Syndrome is really, really good. I forced all of my friends to watch it a few years ago.

I'm finding out that my friends are getting agents. I'm both proud and happy for them. I'm also quietly jealous. I want an agent too. I want someone to recognize my potential. It seems like it's that barrier. Having an agent and not having an agent. They say you'll get one when you need one. I need one. I need someone to put me and my script into their hip pocket and carry me around. Someone nice, preferably.

Tomorrow's Friday.

No comments: