Wednesday, October 20, 2004

30

I'm turning 30 in 22 days. Most people tell me how depressing it was to turn 30. I'm anxious. This may sound odd, but I feel like I'm supposed to be 30 now. Like maybe where I'm at in my life, with my boyfriend, my apartment, my job, film, this is a good place. I believe in things happening for a reason. I believe we create our own path in life. I'm happy with the road I've paved. I'm in awe of the people I've met along the way. I love and celebrate the fact that I'm growing. There's nothing depressing about it.

I reminisced today about how much I used to love (and still do) River Phoenix. I'm helping Bryan Chafin tonight prepare for an audition tomorrow where they describe the character as a young River Phoenix. Ah, my beloved memories of River. I sobbed the morning I found out about his death. Nearly choked on my sadness. He was my matinee idol.

No comments: