Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Where it all ends with peanut butter and chocolate

I came home yesterday afternoon to an empty cat bowl, a meowing Pork Chop (my cat) and an overflowing cat litter box. Not sure if Ryan forgot to feed my little PC or if PC just got a ferocious appetite while we were away. Either way, PC was bubbling over with excitement when we walked through the door. I love that cat so much it hurts.

I knew the Slamdance screenplay competition had finally dropped "Brain Brawl" from the running when I got that thin envelope in my mailbox. The thin ones are always rejection letters. And they always start with "Thank you for submitting ... BUT, you're not the superstar we were hoping you'd be. In fact you really suck." Of course the letters put in a much more gentler manner in that form letter, stamped signature kind of way. So "Brain Brawl" made it to the quarterfinals of Slamdance and that's where it stays.

I did however get invited to have dinner with Texas Governor Rick Perry and his wife, who's name escapes me right now. I'm on a panel at the Texas Women's Conference in October. It seems there are about 30ish women panelists. It'll be an interesting evening, for sure. Hopefully good food. That's all I ask for. Yummy cuisine.

My vacation was nice. I adore Mark's family. In a big, big way. They are some of the sweetest, kindest people you'll come across. And his mom can bake like nobody's business. I was reintroduced to my sweet tooth while in South Padres. From chocolate cake with a caramel center, to brownie ice cream with chopped up reeses cups. Some day I should make a short film devoted to my love for peanut butter and chocolate. It's a deep love.

No comments: