Thursday, September 02, 2004

A week of all weeks

It's been a silly/giddy kind of week. I found out on Monday after coming back from my morning run that I'd gotten first place in the Rhode Island International Film Festival Screenplay Competition. I thought I was about to open another rejection letter. So many had poured in the week before. And then Tuesday morning after my morning run, my friend Duane emailed me to congratulate me on getting into the quarterfinals of the Slamdance Screenplay Competition. AND THEN today I got my first inquiry into the script from a New York based production company. I'm feeling silly stupid happy.

Two and half weeks away from the IFP Market in New York. I can't stop browsing touristy websites about NYC. I friggin' love that place! I'm looking forward to the Pastry Shop on the corner of 11th and 1st, pizza, seeing one of my best friends from college and going thrift store shopping in Williamsburg.

No comments: