Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Red and Delicious

Feeling a little blah today. It can't be the weather. It's absolutely gorgeous outside. The air is cool, the sun is shining. I don't know.

As a result of winning the Rhode Island Screenplay Competition, I've been given subscriptions to these online script services. They're terribly confusing. I've spent the past two days registering my information with them. Two days of typing in just my name and address. I haven't even started the treatment, synopsis part. I'm curious how many screenwriters there are. In the world. And how many screenplays get produced. The figures must be really depressing. I'm glad I'm not just a screenwriter or just an actor. It must be terrible having your fate in someone else's hands. I don't think I could do that. I'm horrible at waiting around. I think I've already said this, but I have a hard time sitting still. Ask my boyfriend. He'll tell you I can't just sit for more than 30 seconds. I have to be cleaning or writing or making something or pacing or organizing my receipts by months. It's sad.

I've rediscovered Red Delicious Apples. It'd been a while since I'd bought them at the store. A friend suggested trying Fuji apples about six months ago. I quickly latched on to Fujis in a big way. They're so sweet and crisp. But now, having just eaten a Red Delicious, I might have to switch back over for a little while.

Speaking of which, I love the word "delicious".

No comments: